Monday, November 14, 2011

Is Home Schooling Right for me?

Being a Parent we are faced with many difficult choices, when it comes to our children.
We worry about what they eat, if their eating enough, if we are doing our part in providing the accurate nutrition  etc. and that's not even the beginning. Another thing we always find ourselves thinking about is Education. Looking around us today we see so much change from back when we we're young. It is scary and overwhelming how fast these kids are growing up and what kind of activities their peers get involved in. 

That is one of the main reasons I started looking into home school for my daughters when they finished 6Th grade. Okay so 6Th grade was modest & kid friendly but what about middle school? I have seen those kids and some are pretty honest looking pre-teens but most are not even close to looking pre-teen they look more like some crazy rock-stars that are in their 20's!. I was terrified to find my daughters with pink hair, piercings etc. just to impress peers, or to fit in. 

So I started looking into home school, I wasn't sure exactly what to expect and where to look. I started off by looking into a local school who offered independent study for kids, but it turned off that was for high school kids and my girls were just starting middle school. I came across a Charter school in the Sacramento area called  Visions In Education Charter School. i talked to the counselors at Visions and they explained the program."Visions In Education is a tuition-free public charter school that provides you maximum flexibility in your education","They provide you with a one-on-one relationship with a teacher who cares about you and your Child's success"
One thing that makes Visions unique is that They come to you. A teacher visits every month for a meeting and collecting work etc. They also provide you with a educational Fund for each child in the amount of $1500. those funds can be used for textbooks, school supplies, Tuition, field trips etc. 

This is my Third year home schooling and I must say I am so at ease and have peace of mind knowing my girls are learning under my supervision without peer pressure and influence. There are many other schools like Visions out there you just have to look and see what works for you. I am not advertising for visions or anything like that at all. I just want to tell parents  that we have choices when it comes to our children's education, Parents need to know that there are options other than pricey private schools and overwhelming public school's.I am sure everyone has a school in their area or State that provide the services Visions in education does.

As parents we all need to look out for each other. We all face the same fears the same worries, we all worry about the future of our children. Hoping we give them the best we could. This is my first blog, yest I am sure it looks very unprofessional but that's the beauty of it. I am just a average parent, a mom who just wants to share her experience's with other parents like her. I will share my knowledge and experience's  I face in my household and family everyday. Maybe I can help someone else somewhere.  

No comments:

Post a Comment